Hero Image

Regulatory Bodies

Pesticide Use Reports

CDFA requires that farmers file a pesticide use report that documents each instance of pesticide application, including organic pesticides. You will need to register with the Department of Pesticide Regulation, and then file your use reports online at regular intervals.

For more information:



Irrigated Lands Program

All farm operations who irrigate are required to participate in the state mandated Irrigated Lands Program. This program is regulated by the California Water Boards.  This includes submitting a Nitrogen Budget.  You can search “Irrigated Lands Program” for more information and the CA Water Boards website.  More information can be found on the ILP Frequently Asked Questions - https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/centralvalley/water_issues/irrigated_lands/ilrp_faq.pdf


An organization that helps farmers with their nitrogen budget is the Coalition for Urban Rural Environmental Stewardship.  https://www.curesworks.org/