COVID-19 Resources for Small Farms
COVID-19 Resources for Small Farms and Local Food
Small Farms, Local Food, and COVID-19: What Do You Need to Know? - A great, comprehensive resources from Oregon State University's Small Farms Program. Answers the following questions:
- How is COVID-19 spread?
- Am I likely to spread COVID-19 with the food I am selling?
- What hygiene and food safety practices will help me prevent COVID-19 infection?
- What should I be communicating to employees?
- What should I be communicating to customers to inform as well as retain them?
- What resources are available for the changes I might need to make to my business?
- What online sales systems work for farms?
- Where can I go for financial assistance due to COVID-19 business hardship?
- Where can I find reliable information about the spread of COVID-19?
Coronavirus Food Assistance Program - Direct relief to producers who have suffered losses during the 2020 marketing year due to COVID-19. (USDA)
Policy and Procedures for Safe Food Handling During COVID-19 on the Farm (For small and urban farms and gardens)
COVID-19 safety guidelines for farm stands (Download and print signs for farm stands)